Monday, March 26, 2012

Vegetarian sandwich twist

I ran across an intriguing recipe while searching the Cooking Light website for vegetarian options.

Packing your own lunch is both healthy and economical. Yet, the same old turkey or ham sandwich can be boring after a week or so. I've tried dressing up these sandwiches with different greens such as spinach or arugula. I've used different condiments like spicy mustard, hummus, or pesto. Yet, sometimes I still want something different.

Vegetarian sandwiches have been fairly unsatisfying for me in the past. Bread with a bunch of green stuff just isn't tasty. Mushroom or eggplant is a bit more substantial in bread but can be soggy or slimy.

I plan to try this white beans, pesto, and roasted red peppers sandwich recipe. I think it will fit the bill for healthy, vegetarian, and most importantly interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment