Monday, March 19, 2012

No excuses, the weather is too bad to workout today

Got a practical experience with the bad weather excuse this morning. I woke up, and it was raining pretty hard. Motivation to head to the gym was low.

But, I didn't let that excuse stop me from moving forward with my goal to lift up my fitness. AND, you shouldn't let this excuse break your focus either.

VARIETY and OPTIONS

I like to think of fitness as a buffet of options. You can choose the type, location, and intensity of the workout to fit the day and situation.

Try what I do when faced with low time or low motivation. Create a small workout space in your house and stock it with some basic equipment like a set of dumbbells or  resistance bands.

Use a workout video series. You can buy many workout videos for cheap. I used one of Beach Body 10 minute trainers this morning. I was able to get a decent, quick workout using just my body weight.

Start the week off with a workout. Any effort in the direction of better fitness is a positive step for your health.

No comments:

Post a Comment