Thursday, March 22, 2012

Biggest Loser Hawaii Show Recap

I can't lose weight on vacation

My first reaction to this week's excuse - Why would I want to lose weight on vacation? 

The relevance of whether or not most people want to lose weight on vacation aside, the episode offered a chance for contestants and viewers to enjoy beautiful beach views of Oahu.

Biggest Loser Contestants learn to surf with Soul Surfer


Contestant had an inspiring visit from Soul Surfer, Bethany Hamilton. She offered encouragement and a chance to learn to surf.

Challenges and workouts 

We are treated to two challenges during the episode. I love the mental challenges! The practical knowledge tested in these challenges is key in my opinion to long term success . The nutrition info challenge was won by Chris who gained a 1 lb advantage.

The physical challenge was a classic elimination style race that we've seen before. In this challenge, hawaiian leis were put on an opposing team member's tiki to eliminate him or her. Wrassler Kim was first eliminated. Conda and Jeremy's teamwork gave Conda the win and immunity.

I'm baffled why Conda didn't have more people trying to take her out. She doesn't seem very likeable or trustworthy on the show. I can only assume she isn't seen as a longterm threat or that the folks actually like her.

Few workouts scenes were shown in this episode. I did absolutely love Bob's ocean swimming workout followed by the beach workout. The guy astounds me with his creativity.

Drama from "Wrassler Kim"

 A lot of the show focused on Kim. I understand that the show places a lot of stress on people, but she seems way too upset about Emily's departure from the show. I think the woman is getting a bit too intense and paranoid. In the end, this show is about an extreme way to reclaim health.

Season 13 Contestants Nasty Bullies?

Kim certainly is honest about not liking any of the contestants left. Bob Harper also weighs in on season 13 contestants

However, Kim doesn't make "Bob's nice list" in the story.

There is an interesting scene with Pastor Mark reaching out to Kim with hints at an alliance. My cynical side says this is gameplay.

My verdict is still out on whether or not Kim is basically a good person. I wouldn't be surprised if she is one of the people who walked out at the mutiny.

Aloha Nurse Kim

Nurse Kim and her daughter, Megan fall below the yellow line at the weigh-in. It is no surprise that Mom asks to be sent home.

The elimination was disrupted by Wrassler Kim having an Aqua team momment. Just like Daphne and Adrien, she can't keep her mouth shut.





No comments:

Post a Comment