Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Last night's Biggest Loser: The Bad, The Good, and.....

On the road today with a crappy, slow hotel internet connection. I am still dragged down by cold symptoms. I am so ready to get to my nose and hearing back to normal.

I got thru last night's episode with a little DVR assistance before my trip today. I think that episode needs two posts to cover all the stuff. Here's my burst of thoughts.

The BAD

Being obese is not a happy state of existence for most of the contestants. We get personal pain shared from "Wrassler Kim", "Nurse Kimmy", and Cassandra. "Wrassler Kim" deals with sadness and feelings of abandonment. She is adopted, and she is away from her daughter's birthday. It was very touching to see Dolvett talk with her and give her the chance to speak with her daughter. She's a tough lady with a soft side.

"Nurse Kimmy" shares her struggle that many nurses deal with in their relationships. They are caretakers who  sacrifice their own needs to care for others. She is learning to change her priorities and help herself. I am happy for her change of mind.

Cassandra shares the saddest of the stories in her diary entry. Feelings of worthlessness and depression jump out of the pages. I felt strong compassion for her, and I am proud that she has take the challenge to move towards a better, healthier life for herself.

The GOOD

I think there is a much brokenness in some who struggle with significant obesity. The three stories really support this concept. Chris (Mrs. Claus)'s meltdown a few shows ago as well as her continued insecurity are also an example of this struggle.

It is good for BL to allow these folks to express their struggles and give them the opportunity to work on their issues. Moving beyond the pain and addressing the hurts in their lives will help clear a path for health and maintaining a healthy body weight long after their time at the Ranch ends. In addition, their stories may touch viewers and lead to a positive life change.

AND...... THE REALLY UGLY

Oh, Daphne, to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment