Friday, February 17, 2012

Biggest Loser Contestant Shares Struggles after Show

I am always a bit curious about what happens when BL contestants move on from the show. My original search was a check on Season 9 winner, Michael Ventralla. Michael was a really likable guy. His tremendous loss of weight and continued path of health are inspiring. I found recent updates from Michael on twitter, @bl9michael.

As I scrolled through his tweets, my search took a detour to Shay Sorrells. Shay was eliminated during Season 8. Shay had a compelling story growing up in foster care. She was raising a family but struggled with dangerously high obesity with a starting weight of 459 lbs.

Shay shares on her blog post from last month the seven biggest mistakes made after leaving the show  .

I think her post breaks down the struggles that anyone truly committed to weight loss faces including:


  • Focus on managing their food choice and portion
  • Awareness of physical limits and need for "training smart"
  • Need for emotional health 


 I hope her story inspires you and help in your own quest for better health.


No comments:

Post a Comment