Saturday, October 8, 2011

Jillian Michael podcast impression

I mentioned in the motivation on the go post that I planned to check out Jillian's podcast during my commute this week. I actually checked out two different podcasts and have double the info.

The first podcasts turned out not to be what I expected. The Jillian Michaels Fan Cast is not hosted by Jillian but by a guy named Dave. The casts have some news about Jillian interspersed with lot of marketing of her products. There's a website associated with the podcast where you can buy products mentioned on the podcast.

I give this podcast thumbs down and removed it.  Dave's story on one of his other weight loss websites is a good one, but I prefer practical advice over marketing.





The Jillian Michaels Show does have Jillian and a co-host, Julia (?). I listened to partials of a two her her podcasts on Friday. I didn't get exactly what I expected. My expectation was to hear straight-on fitness advice. However, the opportunity to hear Jillian in a more unplugged setting was good.

Jillian chats free-form with the co-host a good part of the podcast and takes calls from people seeking advice. Her advice is honest and practical.

I give this podcast a tenative thumbs up. I'm still not sure the format meets my current personal needs, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment