Sunday, January 13, 2013

Random Sunday Thought Collection

End of last week's episode

I posted before the end of last week's show. Jillian's team is now decimated with the loss of Nate. Her two remaining ladies will have to pull it together to keep any of the white team members around. Fortunately for Jillian, the trainers are working with everyone; so, she'll still have a job but no team if the other two ladies get eliminated early in the season.

NFL challenge

I liked the NFL challenge in the 2nd episode. I think the kids got included in the segment much better than in the prior challenge.

Reasonable physical challenges are a great part of BL and should have center stage.

Next week's teaser 

Looks like a ridiculous temptation challenge is coming - getting locked in a room with sweets. I really hope there is no advantage given to a contestant that pigs out. Overall, the temptation looks lame.

I'm about 11 days into my whole 30 challenge. I get temptation as I deal with some cravings for diet coke, bread, and peanut butter. However, the reward and sense of accomplishment keep me motivated.


Interesting things I'm doing in the the kitchen


Over toasted cumin seeds
I got a mortar and pestle for Christmas and used it last night. I toasted (over in my case over-toasted) some cumin seeds. They tasted not burnt, and the cumin flavor was INTENSE. I used it on my 2nd, improved batch of cauliflower carrot hummus as well as on some baked sweet potatoes.

I seeds toast very quickly. I think the key to my next toasting will be lower heat and immediate transfer out of the hot skillet when they are that nice golden brown color. I delayed a bit and the seeds toasted even when the skillet was off heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment