Saturday, April 21, 2012

Saturday Morning Healthy Eating Tip



Few people get enough vegetables in their daily diet. Veggies have less calories than almost any of the other food groups, especially the green ones. A recent study showed the benefits in families targeted to increased fruits and vegetables in their diet.


I've made a conscious effort for the past year in my chosen healthy life path to eat more vegetables. However, the challenge is getting enough servings of veggies per day.

My trick, and the tip that I share is to include a serving of vegetables with breakfast. I include bell peppers, carrots, or fresh spinach with most of my morning meals.




The recommended goal for healthy men and women is 4-5 servings per day. Serving size depending on the particular veggie is either 1/2 or whole cup. My motto, if it's green, it's a cup.

Give this tip a try. You'll be surprised how easy it will be to make vegetables a part of the first meal of the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment